Get ready for the best Caesar salad of your life…
We love a homemade salad dressing – it’s just so much more amazing than store-bought! This Caesar dressing is thick, creamy and delicious with many ingredients we already have in our kitchen. We decided to skip the anchovies here, which is usually found in the traditional recipe, but they do add a little extra flavor. We lightened everything up by using Greek yogurt and add a little zing with crushed red pepper flakes. The creamy goodness of the dressing doesn’t stop there; we make an entire meal when we add it to romaine lettuce, chicken, fresh Parmesan cheese, savory croutons and a side of our favorite crusty bread. We’re thinking about expanding our homemade dressing options because we love this Caesar variety so much!
Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing
Serves 1/2 cup dressing 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake (optional)
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender.
- Pulse the ingredients until blended smooth.
- Serve on salad, and top with salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate up to a week. Stir before serving.
Recipe adapted from Little Broken