Cool and creamy, with a citrus twist – this stuff is so yummy!
This tasty, healthy addition to our dinner arsenal is so easy to make, it’s ready in just 20 minutes! The cilantro lime sauce is the main draw as it adds flavor and color to the main dish; the bright green next to the pearly pink salmon is a perfection of color contrasts. After all, how good food looks is a huge part of what makes it desirable to eat. Flaky salmon and cilantro lime sauce wows our hungry crowd every time. Plus, we really like how the lime adds a little bit of zip to the creamy sauce and salmon; it’s just that extra bit of freshness that really makes the meal pop. We just add our favorite side dish to make a complete meal for the night. Any leftovers from the sauce taste great for dipping vegetables, on a salad, as a taco or nacho dipping sauce, or as a sauce for sandwiches. Give this sauce a try one night–we promise it won’t disappoint!
Cilantro Lime Salmon
Serves 4; 20 minutes
- 2 large 6-ounce salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cilantro, end stems removed and rough chopped
- 2 medium limes, juiced
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place salmon on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Drizzle olive oil over the top of the fillets; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook salmon fillets for around 15 minutes, or until meat flakes easily with a fork.
- While salmon fillets bake, place sour cream, Greek yogurt, cilantro, lime juice and garlic in a blender. Puree thoroughly.
- To serve, top salmon with 1 to 2 tablespoons of sauce. Garnish fillets with extra cilantro and a slice of lime.