Take ordinary spaghetti, and turn it into an extraordinary dish the whole family will love. With fresh red bell peppers, zucchini, and a little bit of cream, we made a tasty sauce that perfectly complements our baked chicken. Prepare this wholesome meal in less than 45 minutes, then save the leftovers for lunch or a quick dinner later in the week. The best part about this recipe is that once you get it down, it becomes easier to make…expect everyone in the house to look forward to pasta night once you make this winner!
Creamy Chicken And Bell Pepper Linguine
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz. linguine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 zucchini, finely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh parsley, minced, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously season chicken with salt and pepper and place it in a large baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook pasta according to packaging directions, or until al dente. 8-10 minutes. Drain the noodles, and set them aside when done.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat and sauté zucchini, bell pepper and onion.
- Add crushed garlic and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies caramelize. This may take up to 20 minutes.
- Stir heavy cream into the browned vegetables and stir constantly until the cream thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Add chicken breasts to sauce and cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Transfer pasta to serving plates and cover with chicken and vegetable cream sauce.
- Garnish with cheese and parsley, serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food