Indulge your taste buds with this unique, creamy twist on classic deviled eggs. We love the traditional version, but the rich saltiness of the bacon, creaminess of the avocado and spiciness of the jalapeño peppers combine to create a dish that’s even better than the original! Serve these deviled eggs as a side dish at a casual lunch or as an appetizer at your next cocktail party. They’re a welcome break from cheese, crackers and vegetable trays, and the complex blend of flavors really adds pizzazz to your spread…we can’t get enough of them!
Avocado Deviled Eggs
30min to prepare serves 6
- 10 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 1 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, minced, optional
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- Slice eggs in half, and scoop out yolks. Set whites aside, and place yolks in a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper, lemon juice and avocado to the bowl with the egg yolks.
- Mix egg yolk mixture until mostly smooth and everything's combined.
- Stir cilantro, shallots and jalapeño peppers, if desired, into the egg yolk mixture.
- Scoop avocado egg yolk mixture into the empty egg white halves.
- Top each egg half with crumbled bacon.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Sprinkle with hot sauce for a extra kick.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart