Yet another irresistible cookie to add to the holiday baking list!
It wouldn’t be the holidays without a cookie or two, and these irresistibly sweet, chewy, and crunchy cranberry pistachio cookies are perfect for the season. I just love how the festive flecks of red cranberries and that distinctively pistachio green color help to keep our cookies on the Christmas theme.
What I love most about these is that combination of tart cranberry with nutty pistachio all baked together into a cookie that strikes the right balance of flavor. If you’re looking for a delicious and memorable cookie recipe this season, check out this recipe for cranberry pistachio cookies.
I’ll prepare my dry ingredients of flour and pistachio pudding mix. The pudding mix will give the cookies that subtle yet distinct pistachio green color but it also helps with keeping the cookies nice and moist.
With the dry ingredients set to the side, I’ll then turn to my mixer to cream butter, sugar, and eggs, adding a little vanilla extract as well. And as any veteran cookie-baker knows, now I can slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. Once well mixed, I’ll fold in my cranberries and pistachios.
If you’ve got a small cookie scooper, then you’ll want to use it here to create evenly shaped cookies. Otherwise, a heaping tablespoon will work in a pinch. The cookies are evenly spaced apart on a baking sheet and popped into the oven for 10-12 minutes, cooled on a wire rack, and then my cranberry pistachio cookies are ready for showtime!
Baking and Christmas seem to go hand in hand, and one of my most favorite cookies to bake is this cranberry pistachio cookie recipe. I love to include a batch of these cookies in my holiday cookie rotation. One bite of a nutty and tart cranberry pistachio cookie and you’ll get right into the holiday spirit.
Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 oz) package pistachio pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pistachios, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, pudding mix, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla extract with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients. Stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until cookies are just starting to brown, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything.