Our no-bake treat made with pantry staples will satisfy any sweet cravings!
We love to bake. Pulling a cake, cookie, or pie out of the oven is so satisfying. There are times, though, when we like to skip the oven altogether and let the refrigerator do the work instead. Such is the case with these super delicious, no-bake chocolate peanut butter squares. First of all, there’s no more natural combination than chocolate and peanut butter; both are sweet, but an addition of saltiness from the peanut butter ups the chocolate factor even more. We prefer creamy peanut butter over chunky, but don’t make a special trip to the grocery store and use what you have on hand. We add a differently layer of crunchiness to pull the dessert together.
Chocolate and peanut butter are amazing on their own, but why not up the sweet factor by adding another layer of goodness by whipping up a quick graham cracker crumble. Note: this isn’t a crust! It acts as a kind of filler to the peanut butter, bringing a crunchy sweetness to keep the peanut butter from becoming too cloying. It is a soft crunch, compared to the crunch that would come from using chunky peanut butter. And it adds that little mystery ingredient that will make everyone wonder just what it is that makes these so irresistible.
Once everything is put together, all we have to do is sit back and relax, content in knowing that an amazing treat awaits us. Since this is a no-bake recipe, a little refrigeration time is needed to set the peanut butter and chocolate. The hardest part of making this amazing dessert is waiting for it to finish “baking” before serving, but trust us, it’s well worth the wait. And it’s a good idea to let these warm up slightly before cutting into squares. Ultimately, topping peanut butter with chocolate is always a good idea, so whip this up and enjoy!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
Serves 8-10; 10 minutes; 2+ hours inactive
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (8 sheets) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Line an 8x8-inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place graham cracker squares in a large, resealable plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush the crackers until broken into crumbs. Pour crumbs into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour melted butter over graham crackers, then add salt, powdered sugar and vanilla, stirring to incorporate. Stir in peanut butter and mix until fully combined. Pour into lined baking dish.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20-second increments, stirring in between, until fully melted. For more peanut butter flavor, add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Pour smooth melted chocolate over the peanut butter batter and chill in refrigerator for 2-3 hours. To serve, allow pan to warm slightly before cutting into squares.
Recipe adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction