Try this decadent recipe, and don’t forget to lick the bowl clean!
Everyone needs a good chocolate frosting recipe up their sleeve! We’ve got just the thing to satisfy every chocoholic’s dream: buttercream fudge frosting. This classic recipe works for cakes and cookies alike, as well as those late night chocolate cravings that can only be satisfied by a spoonful of frosting. This frosting comes out pretty thick, hence why it’s called fudge frosting, but if you like your frosting a little thinner, feel free to add a little more milk while mixing. Go ahead and try this decadent recipe, and don’t forget to lick the bowl clean!
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
Serves Frosts one cake; 15 mins
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly mix in cocoa powder and stir until a thick paste forms.
- Pour cocoa mixture into a large bowl, and alternate adding powdered sugar and milk, a little at a time, while mixing. Add in vanilla extract. If frosting is too thick, add more milk in a teaspoon at a time until desired texture is reached.
- If using an electric mixer, turn speed to medium high and beat for 5 minutes. Otherwise, mix by hand. (Use those muscles!)
- You are now ready to frost your cake, cupcakes, cookies… or to eat by the spoonful. No judgement here.
Recipe adapted from Chocolate Chocolate and More.