Sometimes in life we have to make hard choices, but other times we luck out and get the best of both worlds. This chicken curry spaghetti combines the flavors of Italy and India for a wonderful explosion of flavor that is the perfect dinner any night of the week. If you can’t decide between the two cuisines then this dish might just be a lifesaver.
To start this recipe you’ll need to mix the spices together with the cubed chicken. By coating the chicken in the spices not only does the flavor soak into the meat, but it also means that they combine with oil in the pan early in the cooking process.
In Indian cooking spice mixtures are commonly bloomed in oil before the other ingredients go into the pot- making for a richer flavor experience. This process mimics that, but there’s more spice and pepper put in at the end. The result is pretty kicky so if you’re not a fan of spice then you might try cutting back on the curry powder by about a tablespoon.
To enhance the Italian side of this dish you can add in thyme or basil if you’d like. It will be plenty flavorful without them, but these herbs will add a more Mediterranean flavor to this fusion recipe.
Once your chicken is cooked add in heavy cream. This is an ingredient that’s used in both cuisines and gives sauces that silky, buttery texture. Next add in your cooked and drained pasta- you want al dente texture for this recipe. It’s called chicken curry spaghetti, but you can use linguini if you prefer and that’s what we used here.
The final steps are to fold in halved cherry tomatoes and sprinkle on some parsley. You may want to add on some Parmesan cheese as well, but this step is optional.
This dinner comes together quickly and has so much savory flavor that it’s sure to be a hit with anyone who loves curry.
Chicken Curry Spaghetti
10m prep time
20m cook time
- 1 lb chicken breast, cubed
- 5 tbsp curry powder, divided
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fettuccine or linguine pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Prepare pasta to package directions on the al dente side. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine chicken with 3 tablespoons curry powder, Worcestershire sauce, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Stir well.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Sauté chicken until cooked to an internal temperature of 165˚F - about 10-12 minutes.
- Set burner to low and add in cream and the remaining curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Simmer for 3 minutes and then add in the pasta. Simmer another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and toss tomatoes with the pasta.
- Serve with parsley for garnish and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (optional).