It’s dangerously easy to whip this stuff up, so don’t blame us if you get carried away snacking on it!
Is it just us, or does it seem like there’s been a recent resurgence of dessert dips cropping up more frequently at parties and potlucks? It seemed to us they’d kind of lost their luster, what with having to compete with elaborate cakes and other treats that look a little fancier, but the dessert dip is definitely back!
Here, we decided to stick with classic cherry cheesecake as our inspiration, made shockingly easy in this case since there’s no worrying about a crust, or bake time, or getting cracks in your cheesecake. Easy-peasy over here with cream cheese, cool whip and marshmallow creme, just how we like it!
Cherry Cheesecake Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz.) package frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 (7.5 oz.) jar marshmallow creme
- 2 cups cherry pie filling
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- chocolate wafer cookies, nilla wafers, graham crackers, garnish
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together softened cream cheese and marshmallow creme for 2-3 minutes, or until blended and smooth, then mix in vanilla extract.
- Gently fold in frozen whipped topping until incorporated.
- Spread mixture into an even layer in a 8 or 9-inch square baking dish.
- Top with an even layer of cherry pie filling.
Recipe adapted from Cincy Shopper