We love breakfast at any time of day, but that doesn’t mean we don’t like to incorporate some ingredients that are typically reserved for dinner into our morning routine. Egg bakes and scrambles are one of our favorite ways to get going in the morning, but we wanted to add a little more heartiness to the mix so we wouldn’t be starving by 10 o’clock; we did this by adding chicken and cauliflower florets into the mix, which was a great choice, because it was so yummy that now we can’t stop talking about it!
We had it for breakfast…and then we had it again for dinner and it was great for both meals – gotta love a double duty dish that you know will hit the spot around the clock!
Cheesy Cauliflower Chicken Egg Bake
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Whisk together olive oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and onion powder in a large bowl, then add chicken and cauliflower florets.
- Toss together until everything is evenly coated, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a large pan or skillet and cook on medium-high heat until cauliflower is almost fork tender.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and milk together, then stir in cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Pour cheesy egg mixture over cauliflower and chicken and place baking dish in oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until cauliflower is cooked through and egg is just set. (Optional: stir mixture in the middle to redistribute everything.)
- Remove from oven, garnish with chives and serve hot.
Recipe adapted fromBetty CrockerSKM: below-content placeholder