We all love homemade banana bread, right? It’s so, perfectly sweet, never dry and always hits the spot. Definitely one of those things that we almost forget how much we love, but then we take a bite and are reminded that it’s AMAZING. Well, we’ve just made the process of getting that homemade flavor that much easier, but with a fraction of the effort involved. You’re welcome!
Instead of gathering 10+ ingredients from your pantry, reach for these five instead: one box of yellow or butter pecan cake mix, three bananas, one stick of butter, two eggs and vanilla extract. That’s right, let’s let some store-bought cake mix do the heavy lifting, while you just spruce it up and make it totally delectable. Trust us, know one would ever guess that this wasn’t from-scratch, and frankly, we don’t feel the need to inform them anytime soon!
Mixing together these five ingredients gives you a light, moist bread that’s amazing for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (because who are we to limit this dish to just one?!) and everything in between! Feel free to add chocolate chips to this tasty treat if you want to, but it really doesn’t need ‘em…you’ll see, one bite of this and you’ll be adding this recipe to your weekly docket in no time.
Cake Mix Banana Bread
- 1 (15.25 oz.) box yellow cake mix or pecan cake mix
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash them until mostly smooth. Stir in melted butter.
- Sprinkle cake mix on top of banana mixture and mix until incorporated, then mix in eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour batter into loaf pan, then place in oven and bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from The Coers Family