Who knew one ingredient could make such a difference?!?
Source: 7 Up Lemon Cake by charityUSA on Rumble
We’ve tried a lot of different ingredient combinations over here, in pursuit of getting a recipe just right, but we never thought to incorporate soda into a dessert before. That’s right, the key to this seriously delicious, perfectly sweet and tart cake is none other than a cup of 7-Up. The soda keeps the cake from drying out and it helps bring out the punchy lemon flavor. Add a thick glaze on top and you’re in business…we make this all the time and it never fails to impress!!
7-Up Lemon Cake
Yield: 1 cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 (4.2 oz.) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 3/4 cup 7-Up soda
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, instant pudding mix, 7-Up, eggs and oil and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into greased bundt pan and place in oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest in a large bowl.
- Gradually add milk, mixing until desired consistency is reached.
- Remove cake from oven and invert onto serving plate. Let cool completely, then pour glaze over the top.
Let glaze set, then slice and serve!
Recipe adapted from The Country CookSKM: below-content placeholder