When you want a simple meal that’s a crowd pleaser, pasta is often the go-to. There’s a reason that everyone devours a good pasta dish. These main dishes are even easier in casserole format, as is this easy peasy 4-ingredient ravioli casserole.
All you need for this simple, yet scrumptious, casserole is a jar of marinara sauce, a bag of frozen ravioli, a bag of mozzarella cheese, and some parmesan cheese. You don’t even need to thaw the ravioli!
You simply layer the ingredients like so: sauce, ravioli, mozzarella and repeat. Finish the top off with the parmesan cheese and then bake covered for 20 minutes. The last 20-25 minutes you bake the casserole uncovered so that the cheese can get all golden and melted. And, that’s all there is to this simply recipe unless you want to customize the recipe.
This main course is easily adjustable. You can add any veggies you want or fry some Italian sausage beforehand and add it to the dish before baking. It’s that easy to make this recipe your own.
For extra flavor and flourish you can add some coarsely chopped basil on top. It really does bring so much more to the individual servings. Serve with a nice salad and some garlic bread and you’ve dinner wrapped up and ready to go.
4-Ingredient Ravioli Casserole
Serves 6; 50 minutes
- 1 24-ounce jar of marinara sauce
- 1 24-ounce package of frozen ravioli
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Basil for garnish, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Create a thin layer of marinara sauce in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Place a layer of ravioli on top of the sauce using half the package.
- Top with half the remaining sauce and a layer of mozzarella.
- Repeat these layers one more time and cover with parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes covered, then bake an additional 20-25 minutes uncovered until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown on the edges.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Add basil on top for garnish (optional).
Recipe adapted from The Seasoned Mom.