Try this quick, easy, and delicious meal for dinner tonight!
Some days you just need a quick and easy dinner to fall back on. My default is often to order takeout if I don’t feel like cooking or don’t have the time, but not anymore! Now that I have this peanut Thai noodle recipe, I can make one of my favorite takeout dishes right at home in just 10 minutes.
I was skeptical at first about how this incredibly easy meal would turn out. It doesn’t seem possible to have a delicious, from-scratch dinner on the table so quickly. However, I’m happy to report these Thai noodles have the perfect balance of spice, creamy peanut butter, and sweet honey. This is one dish I’ll for sure make over and over again!
Not only does this meal come together in a snap, but there are only four steps involved. Start by boiling the rice noodles according to package directions.
While the noodles are cooking, simply place all the ingredients for the peanut sauce in a blender and mix until smooth. You can also use a food processor or an immersion blender like we did in the video above. Once the noodles are cooked, pour the sauce over them, stirring well and cooking for an additional two minutes.
All that’s left to do is gather your toppings and sprinkle them on top! We went with red peppers, chopped peanuts, cilantro, and lime. Feel free to switch it up according to your preferences. You can also add chicken if you’re looking for some extra protein.
Go ahead and try out this easy, delicious recipe tonight!
10-Minute Peanut Thai Noodles
Makes 2 servings
2m prep time
8m cook time
- 8oz rice noodles
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (crunchy or creamy - your preference)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (1/2 tablespoon for less spicy)
- 1/2 tablesppon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Optional toppings: sesame seeds, green onions, crushed peanuts, lime wedges, sliced red peppers.
- Boil rice noodles as per package instructions.
- While the noodles are cooking, add the remaining ingredients (minus the optional toppings) to a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the cooked noodles and mix well. Cook for another two minutes, adding more water if needed.
- Serve up hot with toppings of your choice!
Recipe adapted from The Twin Cooking Project.