Chicken for dinner happens so often in our household, so we’re constantly looking for fresh new ways to serve it. We definitely have a few creamy chicken recipes in our arsenal, but got to playing around with flavors, and came up with a sauce that is ahhhmazing!
We loaded up a classic buttery cream sauce with fresh rosemary and orange juice for flavor that pops, pairing perfectly with the mild meat. The best part is we can make this dish in one pan – just brown up the cutlets first and they’ll leave behind nice brown bits that give the sauce even better flavor. This dish comes together in about 20 minutes, so try it out the next time you need a hearty meal fast!
One Skillet Creamy Rosemary Chicken
30 minutes to prepare serves 2-4
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Slice each chicken breast in half to create 4 cutlets, then season with salt and pepper.
- Add one tablespoon butter to a large skillet over medium heat. Once melted, add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken breasts and cook 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from skillet, and cover to keep warm.
- Add chicken broth to the skillet, stirring to loosen any brown bits from the bottom. Pour in orange juice and heavy cream, stir, and bring to a simmer.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes to let the sauce thicken slightly, stirring frequently.
- Add remaining butter and rosemary to the pan. Stir well to combine, and add the cutlets back into the sauce. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Ladle sauce over cutlets before serving, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Let’s Dish