We’re the kind of people that look forward to autumn all year long. We love the bright colors of fall, the crispness to the air and the warm spices in fresh-baked treats. Of course, we also love anything pumpkin flavored, which is why this recipe for pumpkin bread really hits the spot.
We’ve made different versions of pumpkin bread in the past with fruit or nuts baked into the loaves, but we like the simplicity of this recipe. The pumpkin pie spice really brings out the pumpkin flavor, but the best part is definitely the cream cheese frosting on top. We like to serve this spiced pumpkin loaf with a cup of hot apple cider or coffee. Grab a slice of this delicious bread the next time you need to cure a pumpkin spice craving.
Pumpkin Bread With Cream Cheese Frosting
55 minutes to prepare serves 8-10
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened and divided; 1/2 cup for bread, 1/4 cup for frosting
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided; 1 teaspoon for bread and 1 teaspoon for frosting
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease and flour two 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pans.
- Cream 1/2 cup of butter with 1 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, eggs, and pumpkin puree and stir until just combined.
- Sift together four, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a medium bowl. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and stir until fully incorporated.
- Divide batter evenly between loaf pans. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter, powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and milk in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Cool pumpkin loaves completely before pouring frosting on top.
Recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest