Some days you crave the creamy comfort of rice pudding, and some days you lean towards the decadent deliciousness of chocolate – lucky for you we've got a recipe that combines both! Yummy chocolate rice pudding. We love it warm, served straight from the slow cooker, and we love it chilled from the fridge. Serve this sweet treat country-kitchen style in ramekins, or dress it up in sparkling glass dessert cups and garnish with chocolate shavings. As a bonus, this recipe couldn't be easier. The slow cooker does all the work. Your task is to do the eating…enjoy!
Chocolate Rice Pudding
30min to prepare serves 10
- 4 cups white rice, cooked
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cans evaporated milk, 12 ounces
- 1 cup slivered almonds (or other nuts of choice), garnish
- whipped cream, garnish
- ground cinnamon, garnish
- Lightly grease your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Place rice, cocoa powder, brown sugar, butter, vanilla and evaporated milk in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook at low for 2 1/2-3 hours, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir pudding and spoon into individual ramekins or dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with whipped cream, slivered almonds and a sprinkle of grated cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from Food.com