We all know and love a traditional, smoky, red barbecue sauce, but what if we told you there was another kind that was just as delicious and totally unique? That’s right, we’ve got a white BBQ sauce for you that deserves to be praised, since it’s creamy and full of flavor, making it the perfect match for any of your barbecue desires, be it a rack of ribs or some fried chicken.
Full of pantry staples, this sauce only takes a couple minutes to make, then all it needs is to chill in the refrigerator so the flavors can all blend together. It’s easy to make and delivers a serious punch in terms of the flavor it adds – it takes any dish to the next level!
White BBQ Sauce
15 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, water, lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and honey together until smooth.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Note: for a thicker sauce, add less water; for a thinner sauce, add more.
- Refrigerate sauce for at least 1 hour, or overnight to let flavors blend.
- Serve with your favorite barbecue dish and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Rock Recipes