Zesty Seafood Recipe: Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
It’s great to find a protein essential that can be dressed up with a variety of ingredients that transform it into a completely different dish, and salmon is one of those essentials! Salmon is a fish that has tons of health benefits, and this lemon salmon with dill sauce happens to be one of our favorite dinner recipes. There’s something about the zing from the lemon juice, which is perfectly balanced by the creamy yogurt sauce, that sings excellence! It’s a quick lunch or dinner that never disappoints, and you can encourage everyone to have as much as they want!
Baked Salmon with Dill Sauce
- 4 6-oz. salmon fillets
- 1/3 cup plain, Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped; plus extra for garnish
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400º F and lightly spray baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place salmon fillets on baking sheet and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle both sides with olive oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until cooked through. To check: gently squeeze the sides of the fillet. If it’s still slightly squishy, cook for another 2-3 minutes; it shouldn’t be hard to the touch.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise and sour cream, and mix together.
- Then add dill, garlic, lemon zest and remaining lemon juice. Taste and add salt or pepper, if needed.
- Remove salmon from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Transfer to plates and serve, topped with dill sauce and fresh dill.
Recipe adapted from Once Upon A Chef