Cheesy and packed with vegetables…what’s not to love?!
We love casseroles and one of our all-time favorites is the broccoli bake! Nothing hits the spot quite like a hearty green floret covered in mozzarella cheese. Especially when it gets all bubbly and good!
As always, we like to improve our favorite dishes and this time we’re using sweet corn to do so. The corn adds a juicy pop to the casserole classic that you’ll really love. Just make sure to eat it while it’s good and hot!
Broccoli And Sweet Corn Pasta Bake
Serves (serves 5); 30min
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 oz.) can sweet corn
- 1 (10 oz.) can cream mushroom soup
- 1/2 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9x13-inch casserole dish.
- Begin by chopping your heads of broccoli into individual florets.
- In a stock pot, boil 6 cups of water. Add your penne pasta and boil for 10 minutes, adding in your broccoli for the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain water from the pot.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, garlic salt, cayenne, and sweet corn. Saute on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom soup and saute for an additional 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Add pasta and broccoli to your casserole dish, making sure to spread them out evenly.
- Pour the corn and mushroom mixture over the broccoli and pasta and mix them together so everything is coated. Top generously with the mozzarella.
- Cook for 20-22 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and begins to turn golden.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen