When it comes to dumplings, our general opinion is that you can’t go wrong. Carbs? Yes please. Carbs with a delicious treat tucked inside? Even better. These easy peach dumplings fall into the later category and we promise you’ll be hooked with the first bite!
We first tried a similar version of apple dumplings at a potluck a few years back and knew we needed to find a summery version. Peaches were just the thing! While we did use canned peaches here, we highly recommend going with fresh peaches when they’re available! You also have some flexibility on your soda choice. We’ve seen people use Sprite, Mountain Dew, 7 Up, Fresca, or even orange soda! Really anything with a little fizz and a citrusy flavor will do the trick.
It’s a pretty simple recipe, but there are a few details that you want to make sure you get right. First, don’t skimp on the butter! We know it sounds like a lot. It’s worth it. Spooning that sweet, caramel-y sauce from the bottom of the pan over your warm dumplings and topping it all off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is truly the way to go. The second things you want to note about this recipe is step #3. When adding the soda to your prepared dumplings, you want to make sure to pour it to the side and not on top of the dough. That way you’ll have nice crispy tops!
We went with a full 9×13 portion for this recipe as we’re always feeding a crowd around here, but cutting the recipe in half is easy-peasy on this one. Though, we have to warn you, they’ll disappear in a flash so you might as well go with the full size.
Whether you’re serving them for brunch or an after dinner treat, these peach dumplings are sure to have everyone coming back for seconds and begging for the recipe. Do you tell guests just how easy they are? That’s up to you!
Easy Peach Dumplings
16 Dumplings, 8 Servings
20m prep time
35m cook time
- 2 15 oz canned peaches, drained
- 2 8 ounce refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups cup sprite or citrus soda
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and thoroughly grease a 9x13 baking dish.
- Open crescent dough and separate into triangles.
- Place one or two peach slices (depending on size) at the wide end of the dough triangle. Sprinkle with a pinch of cinnamon and roll dough around peach.
- Once dough is secure, move dumpling to the baking dish. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Melt the two sticks of butter in a large bowl and combine with the white sugar, brown sugar, and the remaining cinnamon until smooth.
- Using a large spoon, pour the butter mixture over the dumplings.
- Pour the Sprite around the dough avoiding the tops for a crispy crust to the dumplings.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the dough is just browning on top.
- Serve warm and top with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes