Looking for a fun dessert or snack? This is a delicious, kid and adult-friendly treat that is perfect year-round, at any time of day! Get the kids involved in this one, because it’s just too fun to pass up. We love this snack because it’s fun to makewho doesn’t love dipping and rolling things around in chocolate?!and you can have instant gratification and eat it immediately, or patiently wait for it to freeze into delicious, creamy, chocolate-y goodness; it’s like two different desserts in one!
Frozen Chocolate Peanut-Covered Bananas
Serves 6; serving size: 1/2 banana
- 3 bananas, peeled and cut in half
- 1 cup peanuts (or your choice of nut), roughly chopped
- 6-8 oz. dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- popsicle sticks
- Insert popsicle sticks into banana halves. Make it so that it follows the curve of the banana and doesn’t poke out on the other side. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place you chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute, or until melted, stopping every 20 seconds to stir.
- Put chopped nuts in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Remove chocolate from microwave and, working quickly, dip and coat banana in chocolate. Then roll them in chopped peanuts. Continue with remaining bananas.
- Serve bananas once cool or transfer to lined baking sheet and place in freezer for at least 3 hours.
[Transfer to airtight container and keep in freezer for up to 2 weeks.]