I love a good Halloween movie marathon. We will put on our coziest pajamas, find the warmest blankets, and put out a smorgasbord of food on the coffee table, including popcorn, chips, dips, and drinks. I like to have a fun and festive Halloween-themed beverage, too, and this pumpkintini is on the menu for tonight’s movie fest.
At this time of year, I’m usually doing a considerable amount of pumpkin-themed cooking and baking. Tonight, my cocktail shaker gets a chance to join in on the fun. A pumpkintini strikes the right combination of sweet and savory, along with a little creaminess, and it looks so fancy in a classic martini glass.
There are layers of goodness to this pumpkin-themed martini, starting right at the first sip with a rim of crushed graham crackers and brown sugar. The “filling” of this drink, if you will, is a rich and creamy combination of vanilla vodka mixed with pumpkin pie filling and coconut milk. I really like the coconut milk because it adds richness and flavor, and so too does the pure maple syrup. A good shake in a cocktail mixer filled with ice and I’m ready to put this all together.
I’ll moisten the rim of my martini glass, dip it in the graham cracker and sugar mixture, then pour the cold pumpkintini right into the glass. To garnish, I dash a pinch of ground cinnamon over the top and maybe drop in a cinnamon stick just for fun. Then, it’s time for some couch surfing, snacking, and movie watching all with this delicious pumpkintini served on the side. Cheers!
5m prep time
1 cook time
- 4 graham cracker squares, finely crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ice
- 3 ounces vanilla vodka
- ⅓ cup pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks, for garnish (optional)
- Crush the graham cracker crumbs and brown sugar together in a plastic bag. Transfer to a shallow bowl or plate.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Add all the vodka, pumpkin pie filling, coconut milk, and maple syrup to the cocktail shaker. Place the lid on top and shake to mix.
- Pour a few tablespoons of water into a shallow bowl or plate. Dip the top of the martini glass into the water to wet the rim. Dip the glass into the graham cracker and brown sugar.
- Pour the drink through the cocktail strainer. Garnish with a dash or two of cinnamon.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Curls.