I love stuffed peppers, even more so now that I have an air fryer.
The air fryer takes an already simple process and cuts the time taken to deliver well-cooked, healthy stuffed peppers, without having to watch them too closely. Filling these vibrant veggies with a host of ingredients is a simple, colorful way of adding an enjoyably tasty starter to your meal or healthy snack routine.
This recipe for air fryer stuffed peppers is super easy. Feel free to innovate as you like to create a range of brilliant pepper bowl flavors.
Air Fryer Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers (any color combination)
- 1 cup pre-cooked chicken, finely chopped (or protein of your choice)
- 2 oz sweet corn kernels
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large fresh tomato, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp pink himalayan rock salt
Optional: 1 tbsp Cayenne Pepper
Garnish: 1 tbsp roughly chopped cilantro
- 1. Start by removing the tops of each pepper and hollowing them out. Make sure the seeds and white bits have been removed.
2. If you haven’t already done so, finely chop the chicken, celery, and tomato. Place into a mixing bowl with the (drained) corn kernels.
3. Add your spices together then stir until well mixed.
4. Place into a preheated frypan and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until celery has softened slightly, but hasn’t lost color.
5. Remove from frypan and fill each pepper with the chicken and veggies, leaving a little bit of room at the top.
6. Fill remaining space with shredded cheese.
7. Place into your air fryer and cook for 5 – 8 minutes at 350°F to suit your taste (the longer it cooks, the softer the pepper becomes).
8. Plate, then serve with a garnish of fresh cilantro and sour cream.