Skillets are such a great choice for dinner, because typically you just have to use the one pan…this means you get to reap the benefits of all the flavors cooking and blending together, and you only have one dish to worry about when it comes to cleaning up!
Here, we’ve got a seriously flavorful chicken skillet that’s full of sun-dried tomatoes, caramelized onions, garlic and spices, and it’s got the perfect touch of cream in it to balance out all those deliciously strong flavors. Once you try this, you’ll be hooked; it comes together easily and will easily be the best part of your day!
Sun-Dried Tomato Skillet
20 minutes to prepare serves 4-6
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- 3/4 cup water-packed sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- olive oil, as needed
- fresh basil, garnish
- Whisk together cornstarch, salt and pepper in a medium bowl, then add chicken breasts and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is shimmering, add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- If needed, add remaining oil to skillet, then add onion and sauté for 6-8 minutes, or until softened.
- Season with salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning, then add garlic and sun-dried tomatoes to pan. Cook for 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant.
- Pour in coconut (or heavy cream, if using) and chicken broth and stir everything together. Return chicken to pan, then bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in fresh basil. Serve hot and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from My Natural Family