This is such a tasty appetizer dish and your family will love eating out these cute, individual zucchini boats! Potato and zucchini are two foods that blend really well, both with each other and with other foods, so that was our starting point. Then we decided to pump up the flavor with two cheeses, garlic, pesto and herbsthis recipe has everything and it’s still good for you. If you’re looking for a way to sneak some more vegetables into the mix without a fight, absolutely try this recipe and be amazedeveryone will love it!
Mashed Potato-Stuffed Zucchini
- 4 zucchini (4-6-inches long)
- 1 large potato, peeled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Remove the ends of each zucchini and slice in half lengthwise. Scoop out the centers of each half, leaving 1/4-inch zucchini flesh still intact. Save scooped out zucchini.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil and cook potatoes until tender. About 20 minutes. Remove from water, place in a bowl and mash well. (Or use a ricer.)
- Add scooped out zucchini, Parmesan, Cheddar, garlic, beaten egg and butter, and mash and mix together.
- Then add pesto, chives, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stuff each zucchini boat with potato mixture and place zucchinis on a baking sheet.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 15 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Be Free For Me