Your favorite spinach artichoke dip…in pasta salad form!
Is there anything quite like warm spinach artichoke dip? My mouth waters just thinking about all that creamy, cheesy goodness paired with crisp artichoke hearts and savory spinach on top of a chip or a piece of bread. If you couldn’t tell, I have a little obsession with spinach artichoke dip. Can you really blame me though? It’s so good! Taking my obsession to the next level, I decided to try my hand at this Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad. I’m sure glad I did!
Did you see that creamy sauce? With Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning, you know you’re in for a treat. Combine that with parmesan cheese, all those tasty greens, and artichoke hearts, and I’m in heaven. Oh, and I can’t forget about my favorite food group: pasta! Seriously, is there anything pasta doesn’t improve?
I love this recipe for so many reasons, but right up there at the top of the list is how easy it is to throw together. You can have this delicious side dish thrown together in just four steps and twenty minutes!
Start by cooking the pasta according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Drain pasta and run cold water over it. Add pasta to the Greek yogurt mix, stirring until pasta is coated. Add artichoke hearts, chopped spinach, green onions, and Parmesan cheese. Stir again. Top with salt, pepper, and chopped basil.
That’s all there is to it! This easy recipe is sure to be a hit at your next grill-out or potluck. In fact, you may want to double the recipe if you’re hoping for any leftovers. Go ahead and get the full ingredient list and instructions below!
Spinach Artichoke Pasta Salad
Makes 6 servings
10m prep time
10m cook time
- 1 lb penne or bowtie pasta
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (15 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained & halved
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh basil for topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, combine Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl.
- Drain pasta and run cold water over it. Add pasta to the Greek yogurt mix, stirring until pasta is coated.
- Add artichoke hearts, chopped spinach, green onions, and Parmesan cheese. Stir again. Top with salt, pepper, and chopped basil.
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod.