I would like to thank whoever first came up with the idea of putting spinach and artichoke together. They’re two things that don’t necessarily go together in an obvious way, but when they’re tucked into a creamy and cheesy base you see that they should never be apart. While most of us have come to appreciate the combo through spinach-artichoke dip, you can take that same concept and bring the pair to soup, casserole, and so much more!
Here, we’ve paired a full chicken dinner with the creamy spread – on one sheet pan you get tender, flavorful potatoes, crisp green beans, and succulent chicken that’s topped with cheesy-creamy spinach artichoke goodness. (That means you get a delicious dinner in just about thirty minutes with only one dish to wash.)
This is simple, really simple, but here’s how you get this delicious meal off of a single sheet pan. You start by arranging baby potatoes on one end and green beans on the other. Drizzle them with oil, season them up, and toss them, and then line chicken breasts in the center of the pan and coat and season them too.
That’s a basic dinner right there but what really makes this special is the spinach-artichoke spread, and that’s just a quick mixture of chopped spinach and artichokes, feta, mayo, garlic, and a bit of Parmesan.
Stir it together until it’s nice and creamy and then spread it over the chicken and you’re ready to bake!
The cooking time depends on the size of your chicken breasts but you’re looking at somewhere between twenty and twenty-five minutes. As long as you cut the potatoes down to a smaller size, they’ll come out perfectly tender at the same time the chicken cooks through.
It’s a simple meal to make, but it sure is a delicious one. It’s the kind of meal that works as well for date night as it does for a harried weeknight solution, so you’ll find plenty of places to get it into your recipe roster.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
Quick to make, and so easy to enjoy!
Serves 4; 10 minutes to prepare, 25 minutes cook time
- 1 lb baby red potatoes, quartered
- 2 heaping cups green beans, trimmed
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- olive oil, as needed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (4 oz) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add green beans and potatoes to opposite ends of a large rimmed baking sheet and drizzle liberally with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine, keeping each one at opposite ends of baking sheet.
- Place chicken in center of baking sheet and drizzle with about a half tablespoon of olive oil. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayo, parmesan, feta, spinach, garlic, and artichoke hearts. Spread evenly over top of chicken breasts.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, 22-25 minutes. Broil on high for 1-2 minutes to brown further, if desired. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from I Wash You Dry.