No boring chicken here! These tasty dinner treats are so good you might just want to go ahead and make enough for everyone to have seconds. We couldn’t get enough of these! This dinner is super quick to throw together and no less delicious than a meal you’ve slaved over for hours – and you may already have these ingredients in your kitchen! If you’re short on time and don’t want to skimp on flavor, this is a perfect recipe. We wouldn’t steer you wrong!
Spinach And Artichoke-Stuffed Chicken
Serves 8; 30 minuntes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups panko or seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mozzarella, and garlic powder, until well combined. Stir in spinach and artichokes and set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts in half, crosswise, then cut a 1-1 1/2 inch slit into the center of each breast, forming a pocket. Fill each pocket with spinach mixture, then pinch edges closed.
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate medium-sized bowls. Roll each piece of chicken in flour and shake off any excess. Dip floured chicken the in egg, then dredge through breadcrumbs, making sure they’re evenly coated.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- To drain off excess oil and transfer to a serving platter lined with paper towels.
- Serve hot!
Recipe adapted from Buzzfeed