Chicken is one of the most common bases for a meal, but so frequently ends up tasting bland and boring. Here, we’ve got a flavor-packed recipe in which the chicken cooks in the sauce (yay for easy clean-up!), and ends up perfectly moist and deliciously seasoned…plus we could easily eat that sauce by itself, straight out of the pan!
Weeknight meals can be a struggle sometimes, especially when it’s already been a long day, but this is a great recipe to have on hand for those days when you want a healthy, filling, delicious meal, without having to devote a ton of time or effort to making it – sounds like a win-win to us!
Spanish Chicken And Pea Skillet
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- fresh parsley, chopped, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add cubed chicken pieces and brown on all sides for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, chicken broth and peas, then whisk in flour. Mix in paprika, onion powder, thyme and red pepper flakes, then season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bring sauce to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer mixture for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Remove from heat and serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley, and served with rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Pinch Of Yum