It’s no secret that we love sheet pan meals around here. From sheet pan chicken pot pie to sheet pan honey glazed pork chops, and even sheet pan taco bake! I’m always on the lookout for more sheet pan recipes, however. They are super easy to throw together and even easier to clean up, which is perfect for those busy weeknights.
This meal features chicken with homemade southwest seasoning, roasted corn and peppers, and refreshing zucchini! You can serve this meal as fajitas with tortillas or over a bed of rice, your choice.
See how it all comes together in the video below!
I absolutely love how colorful this meal is! With corn, peppers, and zucchini, not to mention perfectly roasted chicken breast, this recipe looks as good as it tastes. Keep scrolling to get the step-by-step instructions~
To get started on this easy meal, preheat the oven to 425. Then, make the southwest seasoning mix by combining chili powder, cumin, paprika, coriander, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl or cup. Set aside.
Next, place chicken strips on one sheet pan and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and half of the southwest seasoning. Spread out into an even layer. On a second sheet pan, add pepper, zucchini, and red onion. Toss with remaining southwest mix and tablespoon of oil.
Roast both sheet pans for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Then, add corn to the veggie sheet pan for the last 5 minutes of cook time to get the corn warmed through and lightly charred. Serve immediately with any desired toppings.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy meal the whole family will devour, this is the one for you! Get dinner on the table in thirty minutes or less with Southwest Sheet Pan Chicken. Check out the instructions and ingredient list below!
Southwest Sheet Pan Chicken
Makes 4 servings
10m prep time
20m cook time
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise then cut into 1/2-inch thick half-moons
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2/3 cup corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Serve with rice or tortillas
- Optional toppings: Lime juice, shredded cheese, avocado or guacamole, salsa or pico de Gallo, fresh cilantro, sour cream, jalapeños, hot sauce, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Make the southwest seasoning mix by combining the first 6 ingredients in a small bowl or cup. Set aside.
- Place chicken strips on one sheet pan and toss with a tablespoon of olive oil and half of the southwest seasoning. Spread out into an even layer.
- On a second sheet pan, add pepper, zucchini, and red onion. Toss with remaining southwest mix and tablespoon of oil.
- Roast both sheet pans for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add corn to the veggie sheet pan for the last 5 minutes of cook time to get the corn warmed through and lightly charred.
- Serve immediately with any desired toppings.
Recipe adapted from Family Food on the Table.