The slow cooker is such a lifesaver, but the best kind of slow cooker meals are ones where all you do is dump your ingredients in, set it to cook, and walk away. No searing, no sauteeing, just add the ingredients, go about your life, and come back to a delicious meal. That’s exactly the kind of meal this Pork Chops and Peppers is. It’s just a handful of simple ingredients that you toss in and let cook while you go about your day and you end up with a seriously delicious meal of fork-tender pork chops and sweet-saucy peppers and onions.
This is a four-ingredient meal. Seriously. That’s it. There’s pork chops, onions, bell peppers, and barbecue sauce. That might not seem like much, but the peppers and onions slow cook into soft and sweet deliciousness while the meat becomes so tender it falls apart at the touch of a fork and the barbecue sauce ties it all together with its tanginess.
It’s so simple. It’s so good. And it makes your life easy. Or at least dinner, which is still a pretty big win!
Slow Cooker Pork Chops and Peppers
10m prep time
8h cook time
Gluten-Free diet suitable
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 medium bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving (optional)
- Arrange pork chops in your slow cooker insert (4 qt to 6 qt works best) and top with onion, peppers, barbecue sauce, and salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low until pork is tender, 8-10 hours.
- Top with fresh parsley, if desired, for serving. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.