When it’s stifling outside, we love nothing more than getting out of the kitchen and letting the slow cooker do all our work for us. Not to mention it’s great to take advantage of all the amazing fruit that’s in season during these warmer months.
Here, we’ve got the perfect peach compote recipe for you; it’s made in the slow cooker, so you can kick back and relax, and it’s just as delicious on its own as it is served in a tasty, homemade pie…bring it on, summer!
Slow Cooker Peach Compote/Pie Filling
Serves 8; enough for 1 pie
- 8 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (or chopped)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup brandy, optional
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sliced or chopped peaches in a large bowl and toss together with sugars, brandy, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into slow cooker and top with cubed butter.
- Turn slow cooker on LOW and cook for 1 1/2-2 hours, stirring halfway through, or until peaches are tender and sauce is thick and syrupy.
- Serve hot with vanilla ice cream, or let cool and cook in a pie or crumble.
Recipe adapted from A Year Of Slow CookingSKM: below-content placeholder