Who doesn’t love a nice, hearty meal on those cold winter evenings? It’s even better when you can throw all of the ingredients in a crock pot and forget about it till dinner time! We’ve got just the recipe for you to try out. It’s no secret we love using our slow cooker around here, and can you blame us? There’s just nothing quite like walking in the door with the smell of a delicious meal waiting for you!
This enchilada chili recipe is loaded with veggies, so you won’t feel too bad about topping it with cheese and sour cream. With just a hint of lime juice and chili powder, this dish is flavorful enough for even the most adventurous of eaters, while still being mild and accessible enough for the picky eaters at the table. If your family is anything like ours, covering veggies in cheese is always a good idea!
Slow-Cooker Enchilada Chili
4 hours 15 min
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 28 oz can enchilada sauce
- 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can corn, drained
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 oz green chiles
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips
- Brown the beef and onion in a large pan over medium heat.
- While beef is cooking, throw remaining ingredients in a large crock pot.
- Drain the beef, and add to the crock pot. Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve with your choice of toppings: green onion, sour cream, cheese, tortilla chips, etc.
Recipe adapted from Oh Sweet Basil.