Liven up your busy weeknights with this easy sheet pan dinner.
Of all the quick and easy dinner solutions out there, sheet pan meals are probably my favorite. They make it SO easy to get a healthy meal on the table with very little effort so they’re the perfect no fuss solution for busy weeknights. And while they’re super versatile – you can combine pretty much whatever protein and veggies you happen to have on hand – I absolutely adore this particular Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables Sheet Pan Dinner. It’s a complete and delicious meal off of a single sheet pan so there’s no need to even think about takeout!
Could you use bottled teriyaki sauce for this? Sure, you could. But when you can whisk together a few ingredients and make your own in the time it takes you to preheat your oven, there’s no reason not to. It’s nice to control your own ingredients and homemade flavor is just simply hard to beat.
What I love about this is that it isn’t just some chicken breasts and steamed broccoli that you’ve called dinner. There’s broccoli, yes, but there’s also carrots, snow peas, edamame, and pineapple that makes for the perfect vibrant, crunchy, sweet and tangy combination with your homemade teriyaki.
If you’re watching your carbs, you could stop here, but you could absolutely get a pot of rice on the stove as this heads into the oven so you can use it as a base for that sticky delicious sauce, chicken and veg. Whether you’re worrying about weekly lunch prep or getting dinner on the table for the whole family, this sheet pan meal makes it super easy – and tasty!
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
5m prep time
40m cook time
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4-5 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup snow peas, stems removed
- 1/4 cup edamame, shelled
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Green onions and sesame seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Coat with nonstick spray and set aside.
- While the oven preheats, make the glaze:
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cornstarch, and water until well combined. Bring to a simmer, stirring often, and cook until sauce bubbles and thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Season each side of the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle glaze over each side, reserving at least half for later use.
- Place on prepared baking sheet and bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven, brush chicken with more glaze, flip, and glaze again.
- Place broccoli, carrots, snow peas, edamame, and pineapple around chicken and drizzle with some teriyaki glaze before tossing to coat.
- Return to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, 15-20 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice chicken into strips, and drizzle with remaining glaze. Serve over rice, if desired, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.