All your breakfast favorites in one easy sheet pan preparation.
I have long been a fan of the breakfast bake because it’s an easy way to feed a crowd a hearty breakfast without going to a lot of trouble. But usually they’re in casserole form. (Not that I mind that tendency. Quite the contrary.) This breakfast bake, however, uses sheet pan meal technology to bring you all of your breakfast favorites at once – so you get cheesy hashbrowns, perfect eggs, and savory ham without having to prepare them separately.
This is like your ideal diner breakfast platter, except you don’t have to leave your kitchen to enjoy it. The better news is that you don’t even have to pay attention to multiple skillets on the stovetop. One sheet pan and an oven is all you need!
You just start with some storebought hashbrowns that you spread out on a sheet pan and dress up with some melted butter, thyme, garlic and onion powders.
That gets topped with some cheese and it gets a little headstart in the oven, so the potatoes have a chance to brown a bit before they’re joined by the other ingredients.
Using a spoon, make indentations or wells in the hashbrowns and gently crack an egg into each one and then season it with a bit of salt and pepper. Add some diced ham around the baking sheet – spreading it around the edges looks nice, but scattering it evenly around the eggs will encourage better browning.
Give the whole thing another turn in the oven just until the eggs have set to your liking…
… And you’ve got a complete breakfast all from one sheet pan! This works with sausage or bacon as well, but we all know ham and eggs are perfect companions and this is one super-easy way to bring them together.
Sheet Pan Hashbrown Breakfast Bake
Serves 6 Prep 5m Cook 30m
- 1 (20 oz) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F and grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Arrange hash browns in a single layer on baking sheet, then drizzle with melted butter and season with thyme, onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Top evenly with cheddar cheese and bake until edges begin to brown, 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and create 6 wells in the potatoes. Add an egg in each well, trying to keep yolks intact, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange ham evenly across baking sheet.
- Return to oven and bake until eggs have set, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.