Baked potatoes are great, but twice-baked potatoes are even greater. They feel a little bit special, a little bit indulgent, and they’re a lot delicious. You can stuff them any number of ways, but this broccoli-cheddar combination is one of our favorites. What’s yours?
To make a twice baked potato, all you need to do is bake the potato, slice it in half and scoop out the insides, and then mix the potato fluff with any number of delicious things. These particular ones have butter, Greek yogurt, cream, broccoli, cheddar, and some delicious seasonings.
The spice combo is maybe the real winner here; the paprika and dill take the flavor over the top. We’re pretty impartial when it comes to eating potatoes, but this is definitely one of our favorite ways to do it.
Serves 8; 1 hour 30 minutes
- 4 medium russet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake until soft, about 1 hour. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice each one in half lengthwise. Scoop out the potato pulp and place it into a large bowl, being careful to leave the skins intact. Rub the skins with a little oil and set the potato skins on the prepared baking sheet.
- Add butter to potato pulp and mash, using an electric mixer or potato masher, until smooth. Add yogurt, cream, salt, pepper, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, onion flakes, dried dill, paprika, broccoli, and 3/4 cup os the cheese. Stir until well combined.
- Divide filling evenly between the potato shells and top with the remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and potatoes are heated through, 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!