For those nights when you can’t decide between pizza or pasta, we’ve got you covered! Pizza Spaghetti Casserole wins the top spot for easiest dinner that satisfies two cravings in one. This casserole is always a hit with the whole family. (Well, how could it not be? Two Italian favorites in one casserole dish.)
Spaghetti is layered with spicy Italian sausage, mushrooms, and pasta sauce, and then topped with a hearty helping of cheese and some sliced pepperoni. (Don’t be afraid to load up that pepperoni! It gives it lots of pizza flavor.) As the whole thing bakes, the flavors simmer together and when it emerges you have an irresistible spaghetti bake topped with melty, gooey cheese and spicy pepperoni. This is a mashup that totally works and we don’t know why we didn’t think of it sooner.
Pizza Spaghetti Casserole
Serves 4-6; 40 minutes
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 12 oz spaghetti, broken into thirds
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend, grated
- 3/4 pound ground Italian sausage
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz pepperoni slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and place spaghetti in prepared casserole dish.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, heat oil, then sausage, stirring until brown and cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Remove sausage from pan and arrange over spaghetti. Add mushrooms to pan and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Top spaghetti and sausage with the sauce, mushrooms, and then the cheeses and pepperoni. Bake until bubbly and cheese has melted, 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!