Traditional lasagna is great but dessert lasagna might be even better. Layers upon layers of different sweet flavors like a crunchy pecan crust, the slight tang of cheesecake, and cool vanilla and chocolate puddings make this one impressive stratified confection. It’s creamy, it’s crunchy, it’s cool, and it’s chocolatey – this Chocolate Cheesecake Lasagna has really got it all.
For a dessert that’s so impressive, this really is easy to make. If you can handle a whisk, you can make this! It feeds a crowd (and that whole crowd will be happy), and you can make it the day before and leave it in the fridge until you need it. It’s a great dessert for entertaining, but we wouldn’t mind just scooping out portions for ourselves when the mood strikes.
Chocolate Cheesecake Lasagna
Serves 6-8; 20 minutes active, 2 hours inactive
- For the crust:
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- For the cheesecake layer:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- For the vanilla pudding layer:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 packet instant vanilla pudding
- For the chocolate pudding layer:
- 1 packet instant chocolate pudding
- 2 cups milk
- For top:
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- Chocolate shavings
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, melted butter and flour until well mixed. Press evenly into prepared baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes and set on a wire rack to cool completely.
- While crust is baking, prepare the cheesecake layer. In a medium bowl, beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and Cool Whip until fluffy.
- In two separate bowls, make the vanilla and chocolate puddings. In each bowl, mix the pudding mix with 2 cups of milk. Using less than the package calls for results in a firmer pudding for this recipe.
- When crust has fully cooled, spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over it. Next, spread the vanilla pudding over it, and then the chocolate pudding. To finish, spread the 2 cups of Cool Whip over the top and garnish with chocolate shavings.
- Set in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. Serve, and enjoy!