Seasonal Snack Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin Fries
A favorite snack updated with a bit of seasonal flavor, these pumpkin fries are a tasty twist on ordinary fries. We love recipes that add in pumpkin where we least expect it; we’d heard of sweet potato fries, but pumpkin fries? Somehow it had never occurred to us to give this try!
It doesn’t get much more simple than this recipe– we’re talking just a handful of ingredients and prep time around 15 minutes. Top these babies with crumbled blue cheese, maple balsamic, or whatever else you fancy. If you’re a purist, they’re plain delicious all by themselves. However you enjoy them, we promise you this: you’ll be hooked!
Roasted Pumpkin Fries
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Optional: crumbled blue cheese, maple balsamic, or other topping of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Slice pumpkin in half, then remove seeds. Peel off pumpkin skin using a potato peeler.
3. Cut pumpkin into 1/4-1/2 inch strips.
4. Mix together olive oil and seasonings in a bowl. Dip pumpkin strips in the bowl so they’re coated in the mixture.
5. Place fries on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Roast fries for 15 minutes or until tender. Raise temperature to 400 F and broil the fries for another 3 minutes until they’re nice and crispy.
7. Top fries with crumbled blue cheese, drizzled balsamic, or another topping of your choice. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Instructables.SKM: below-content placeholder