Looking for an easy but delicious dinner? I’ve got you more than covered! Our Cheesy Sausage Potato Foil Packets make both prep and cleanup super simple but that doesn’t mean the cook will be the only person who loves them – kids and grownups alike seem to devour these in mere minutes. It’s hard not to love the combination of potatoes and cheese and kielbasa, after all. (Don’t worry, there’s some veggies in there too.) Foil packet meals are like the ultimate one-pan meal for grill season, and better yet you don’t even need a plate to serve them… just eat right out of the packet!
That makes them great for camping or cookouts or even just your average weeknight dinner. Don’t feel like firing up the grill? No problem. You can absolutely cook these in the oven as well, just pop ’em in at 400°F and let them bake for about thirty minutes.
There are probably a million and one ways to do foil packet meals, but I can’t get enough of this particular combo. We’ve got sliced kielbasa, red potatoes, peppers and onions, some green beens, garlic, butter, and herbs, all tied together with some ooey-gooey cheddar cheese. And all you have to do is pile it all on a piece of foil, fold it up, and set it over some heat.
It’s crowd-pleasing flavor, for sure, but part of the fun is opening up that serving-sized packet to your own complete meal. Easy to prepare, easy cleanup, and easy eating – you can’t beat that!
Grilled Cheesy Sausage Potato Foil Packets
10m prep time
25m cook time
- 12 oz kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 3/4 lb baby red potatoes, halved
- 3/4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 3 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, toss together sausage, potatoes, green beans, peppers, onion, garlic, parsley, thyme, rosemary, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper and toss again.
- Tear off 4 large pieces of foil. Spoon out mixture evenly among the foil pieces and top each with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Fold over each piece of foil and seal tightly into a packet. Cook on grill until vegetables are crisp but tender, 25-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and open packets. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and close foil lightly again. Return to grill long enough to melt cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Note: To cook in oven, cook at 400°F for 35-40 minutes.
Recipe adapted from The Recipe Critic.