Roasted Garlic Artichoke Olive Dip. I know it’s already kind of a mouthful, but I could have fit even more into the name of this dip. I could have added that it’s cheesy and creamy and warm… but I had to show some restraint. (But it is all of those things, I promise.) It’s chock full of flavor – olives and roasted garlic and marinated artichokes and red peppers and gooey Mozzarella – and it’s baked up so the flavors form a nice, cozy union. It’s delicious. And it’s a dip that always disappears fast.
One thing I appreciate greatly about this dip is that it involves a whole head of roasted garlic. If you haven’t made roasted garlic before, you can rest assured that it’s a really simple process. You just slice the top off of a whole head of garlic, drizzle it with some olive oil, and let it have some time in the oven. As it bakes, the garlic mellows and sweetens and becomes soft. There are few things that taste better than roasted garlic and its flavor runs throughout every bite of this dip.
There are artichoke hearts and roasted red peppers and olives dotting this dip as well so it has a little bit of a Mediterranean flair. That’s all set in a creamy base that’s accented with both Parmesan and mozzarella cheese that melt into pockets of ooey-gooey greatness. You can pair it with some pita bread or crackers or melba toasts… no matter what you do it’s one seriously flavorful dip.
Roasted Garlic Artichoke Olive Dip
Serves 8-10; 45 minutes
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups mixed pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 (14 oz) cans artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cubed
- 1 (12 oz) jar roasted red peppers, drained and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice the top from a head of garlic, leaving the head attached. Place in a small baking dish and drizzle the top with olive oil. Bake until soft and the top is starting to brown, 20-25 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the olives, mayonnaise, sour cream, Parmesan, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, and red peppers.
- When garlic has cooled, squeeze cloves from their skins and add to the bowl. Stir to combine, season to taste with salt, and spread into a baking dish.
- Bake until dip is hot and bubbly and cheese has melted, 20-25 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Endless Meal.