Creamy and cheesy pastas might possibly be our Achille’s Heel; we’re addicted. And this delicious spinach fettuccine alfredo is our downfall. What makes us feel better about this situation is that it’s a one-and-done mealthe pasta and sauce cook in the same pot and it makes clean-up the easiest thing ever! Perfection in a pasta and no wrinkly hands from doing tons of dishes is our idea of a win-win. For all that is good, (please) run to your kitchen and make this yummy pasta!
Spinach Fettuccine Alfredo
Yields 4 servings
- 3/4 pound spinach fettuccine
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for servings, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- water, for boiling
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook spinach fettuccine according to directions on packaging, or until al dente.
- Drain pasta and pour it back into pot.
- Add in butter, cream and nutmeg, stirring continuously.
- Slowly add in Parmesan, salt and pepper. Keep stirring until cheese are mostly melted and incorporated.
- Transfer to plates and serve with more Parmesan. Garnish as desired.
Recipe adapted from Food and WineSKM: below-content placeholder