We love a classic cheesecake just as much as the next person, but add in a little pumpkin and we’re really on board.
There’s nothing like that combination of creamy, delicately sweet pumpkin mixed together with the rich goodness of cream cheese. We went all out on this treat, opting for a homemade graham cracker crust and an irresistible topping of toasted almonds and whipped cream. Break the mold this year and ditch the pumpkin pie for pumpkin cheesecake– or better yet, make both! We won’t judge.
Pumpkin Cheesecake with Graham Cracker Crust
(makes one, 9-inch cake or 10 servings)
- 2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 15 oz. pure pumpkin
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 3 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1/3 cup toasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- To make the crust: spread a thin coating of butter on a 9-inch springform pan. Combine the remaining butter with the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom and up one inch of the sides of the springform pan. Bake for 6-8 minutes, checking to make sure the crust has not browned.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack while you prepare cheesecake.
- In a larger mixer bowl, beat together sugars and cream cheese. Once the mixture is fluffy, add in the eggs, pumpkin, and evaporated milk.Next, add cornstarch and the spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Gently pour the pumpkin mixture into prepared graham cracker crust.
- Bake for about one hour.
- Cool the cheesecake on a rack for at least a half hour. Then run a knife around its edges and place the cake covered in the fridge for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, bring cheesecake to room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Then scoop a dollop of whipped cream onto each slice and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon and toasted almonds. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Cooks.comSKM: below-content placeholder