The Philly Cheesesteak is well-loved for good reason. I mean, just think about the tender steak, the flavorful peppers and the ooey-gooey cheese that ties it all together. What’s not to love? Well, this quick skillet version gives you a low-carb version of the favorite that’s every bit as tasty in just about twenty minutes. That might be even more lovable.
Having dinner on the table in twenty minutes sounds pretty ideal and it’s especially ideal when it tastes as good as this. You start with some ribeye that you slice thinly…
… and then brown, along with some onions and sliced bell peppers (of course). Our version has a little garlic and Italian seasoning and Worcestershire sauce thrown in, which coats everything in a delicate savory sauce.
The final hoorah is a few slices of Provolone thrown on top until they get nice and melty.
And then dinner is ready to go! Just look at it. Every bite is meaty and zesty and perfectly cheesy and entirely delicious. That feels like a tall order for a meal that’s done this quick, but this skillet dinner accomplishes it easily.
If you’re following a keto, low carb, or gluten-free lifestyle, this is a great quick option for a filling meal…
… but if you’re not, it still goes awfully great with some toasted bread.
Philly Cheesesteak Skillet
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb rib eye steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium red and/or yellow bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large slices provolone cheese
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Season steak liberally with salt and pepper and add to skillet, cooking until slightly browned.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce, then add onion, peppers, garlic, and Italian seasoning and cook until vegetables have softened.
- Top with cheese, reduce heat to low, and continue cooking until cheese has melted. (You can also set skillet under broiler if you wish to brown the cheese.) Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from My Incredible Recipes.