Perfect Fall Recipe: Roasted Pumpkin With Walnuts & Honey
For anyone who just can’t get enough of pumpkins, this dish is for you! A lot of the recipes we see and try with pumpkins usually have another “main” ingredient, or something else that shares the spotlight with the pumpkin — not the case with this recipe! Consider the spices, nuts and honey as backup dancers of this kitchen number. Pumpkin is the frontrunner of this recipe because it has amazing flavor on its own and needs our undivided attention!
Roasted Pumpkin With Walnuts
- 2 1/2 pound pumpkin, sliced, skin on
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2-1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Rinse pumpkin under warm water to rinse off any dirt. Pat dry and cut in half. Scoop out seeds from the center (save if you want to roast them later) and cut thin slices (as though you were cutting a cantaloupe) and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves and mix well.
- Dip each side of pumpkin slice in the cinnamon mixture and place on a baking tray. Drizzle with honey.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until pumpkins are caramelized and tender.
- In a pan over medium heat, toast walnuts until fragrant and crispy.
- Remove pumpkin from oven and serve with walnuts.
Recipe adapted from The Stand Up GourmetSKM: below-content placeholder