Tasty, bite-sized treats to satisfy that sweet, sweet Oreo craving!
When it comes to classic store-bought cookies, Oreos top the list every time. While people may be divided on the proper way to consume an Oreo – dip in milk, twist it open, or eat it whole, we can all agree, these cookies are downright crave-worthy.
Nothing can replace the classic Oreo, but there are so many creative recipes that enhance and complement America’s favorite cookie. Like, for example, cheesecake.
Just look at these little cheesecake bites! It starts off strong with an Oreo crumb crust, then keeps the ball rolling with a homemade cheesecake filling. Don’t worry – the filling is so easy to whip up! It even contains an unusual ingredient that makes all the difference.
The mixture contains sugar and cream cheese, like you might expect, but it also includes sour cream. The tangy taste and smooth texture are the perfect add-in! The sour cream balances the extra sweetness of Oreo cookies and cream filling.
Once you have your crust pressed into the pan and your cream cheese filling mixed together – with additional Oreo chunks, of course, pop the pan into the oven for around 40 minutes. Unlike regular cheesecake, you don’t have to worry about putting a dish of water on the bottom rack to keep the cheesecake from cracking.
Since you’re going to top these bad boys with melted chocolate and more cookie crumbs, the last thing anyone is going to worry about is a cracked cheesecake. We promise these cheesecake Oreo bites won’t disappoint! Check out the recipe below for your new go-to dessert to feed a crowd.
Oreo Cheesecake Bites
The perfect bite-sized dessert for Oreo lovers!
Makes 24-36 bite-sized squares; 15 minutes to prepare, 40 minutes cook time, 2 hours inactive
- 36 Oreo Cookies, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides.
- Crush 24 Oreo cookies and place in a medium bowl. Add butter and stir to combine. Press cookie mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until combined. Stir in sour cream and vanilla, then add eggs one at a time.
- Roughly chop remaining cookies and fold into the batter.
- Pour cheesecake into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the sides are set and the center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack in the pan.
- Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. After 2 hours, remove the cheesecake using the foil overhang and cut the cheesecake into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the semisweet chocolate and white chocolate (in separate bowls) in the microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring in between each one.
- Pour the melted chocolate into separate ziplock bags, snipping off one of the corners so you can drizzle over the bars. Top with extra Oreo crumbs if you have some left. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.