It’s a fact; caramelized onions make everything better. We’ve got plenty of great chicken recipes that we keep coming back to, but this one, replete with caramelized onions, tomatoes and parmesan cheese, never fails to amaze us. It’s never dry, it’s got tons of different flavors that blend together perfectly and it hits the spot every time! We cook it for family dinners all the time, but that doesn’t mean it’s not just as good for entertaining…nobody can resist this yummy dish!
Parmesan-Baked Chicken With Caramelized Veggies
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pint roma tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated, plus extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium heat and sauté onion until softened and browned. 10-12 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic and halved tomatoes. Sauté for another 8-10 minutes, or until tomatoes have softened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, basil and oregano, and stir in melted butter.
- Rub chicken breasts with remaining olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet, sprinkle breasts with parmesan mixture and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and top with caramelized onions and tomatoes.
- Top with remaining cheese and return to oven. Bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve hot.
Recipe adapted fromFor The Love Of CookingSKM: below-content placeholder