Dinner can be as easy as baking chicken and vegetables. Let me show ya!
I love quick dinners. Chicken dinners always make me feel good. This recipe has all the parts of a delicious chicken dinner wrapped in a couple of easy time-saving steps. The bone-in chicken thighs lend their delicious fatty flavor to the potatoes while the skin gets nice and crispy. Using just a little chicken broth, the potatoes have the opportunity to fully cook while also thickening the broth to create a sauce. This is my favorite recipe to cook on a budget and when I’m not feeling like cooking. Only requires a quick chop and then an hour to bake. Top it off with some fresh lemon juice and salty feta. Let’s do Mediterranean tonight.
The key to this chicken dinner is just cooking it for a while. The chicken fat will render and the skin will get crispy the longer you let it bake. Olive oil adds some glue for the spices to stick to the chicken here.
The most fun part about making a one-pan meal is dressing it up and making her look gorgeous. We want to layer the vegetables in the dish. That’s making sure to spread out the onions and garlic for even flavor distribution, so one side doesn’t taste different than the other. Look at those colors baby!
When the timer finally dings, you will be greeted with delicious aromas from roasted vegetables and oregano. I would let this rest for 5 minutes to prevent anyone from burning there mouth. Right before serving, top with as much lemon, parsley, and feta as your heart desires. Bon Appetit!
One-Pan Mediterranean Chicken
15m prep time
1h 15m cook time
- 4 skin on bone in chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano, divided
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 lbs. small Yukon gold potatoes, halved
- 1 stalk of celery, cut in chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 5 fresh garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Kosher Salt & freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- In a bowl, toss chicken thighs with 1/4 cup of olive oil, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare a 9x13 tray with potatoes, celery, peppers, garlic, onion and olive oil. Sprinkle over remaining dried oregano and crushed red pepper flakes, as well as salt and pepper. Toss. Pour chicken broth over vegetables and top with prepared chicken thighs.
- Roast in the oven for 1 hour up to 1 hour 15 minutes until chicken skin gets golden and potatoes are soft. (Get the skin as crispy as possible)
- Remove from the oven and top with crumbled feta, parsley and lemon juice.