Have the perfect fall dinner on the table in 30 minutes!
It’s no secret that we’re big fans of potatoes around here. Potato salad, salt and vinegar potatoes, cheesy bacon ranch potatoes… the list goes on and on. I’m a firm believer that potatoes go with just about any meal! When fall comes around, I start craving sweet potatoes. Not only are they delicious and slightly sweeter than most other kinds of potatoes, but they have that beautiful orange coloring that makes any dish look like autumn on a plate!
Needless to say, I was thrilled to find another sweet potato recipe to add to the dinner rotation. The best part is, these delicious potatoes take center stage instead of being relegated to a side dish. Mixed with salty, crispy bacon and sweet maple syrup, this is one recipe the whole family will love.
Aside from maple, bacon, and sweet potatoes, this hash also includes onions, green peppers, and a dash of cinnamon. It truly is the perfect autumn dinner with earthy flavors mixed with sweet maple syrup. The onions and green peppers balance out the dish with some savory flavors as well as a bit of a crunch.
The best part is, this Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Hash comes together in about 30 minutes. I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for quick, easy meals to throw together at the end of the day. The hardest part about this recipe is chopping everything up.
Start by chopping the bacon up into bite-sized pieces and cooking it over medium heat. Once crisp, remove from the skillet and set on a paper towel for later. Then, drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease and add sweet potatoes, along with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes before adding green pepper and onion. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes before mixing the cooked bacon back in and drizzling maple syrup on top.
That’s all there is to it! And just look at how beautiful this dish is. Trust me on this, you’re going to want to save this recipe and try it out. I just know your family will love it as much as mine does!
Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Hash
Makes 4 servings Prep 10m Cook 20m
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, chopped (about 2-3 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb bacon diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add bacon to a large skillet and turn the heat onto medium. Cook, stirring occasionally until it’s just starting to crisp. Remove the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Carefully drain all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease out of the skillet and return to the stovetop.
- Add diced sweet potatoes to the skillet and sprinkle with cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes before adding the diced green pepper and onion.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until the potatoes and veggies are tender. Mix the cooked bacon back into the sweet potatoes and drizzle the maple syrup over the top.
- Serve up hot!
Recipe adapted from Delicious Little Bites.